What are Expired Domains and Why You Should Use Them?
Expired domains are domains which are not renewed by the official registrant. There are various reasons why the registrant doesn’t want to renew the domain name. However, these domains are very beneficial for the online business growth and if you manage to find a suitable expired domain for your business niche that is truly an advantage for you.
The first thing you need to consider before buying an expired domain name is that not all domains that are already expired are worth buying. Before you decide to purchase a certain domain name, you should check the worthiness of the domain name by using various methods.
How to Buy a Domain Name: 5 Things to Keep in Mind
You must consider these 5 things before you buy a domain name that is already expired:
1. How old is the domain name? – You need to remember that old is gold and that is why major brands and websites prefer to purchase expired domains and redirect them to their main website. Every professional SEO expert recommends old domains as older domains have more advantage in SEO than brand new domain names. They can easily target and appear on high rank in Google search results.
2. Power of Backlinks – The backlinks are very important for your website. The more backlinks your website has, the better the chances of growing fast. Also, Google always looks for a website which has more backlinks and shows the website or the blog on the top in the search results. You should always check the backlinks of the domain which you are planning on buying.
3. Google AdSense Ban Check – If you are purchasing expired domains in order to run a personal blog or maybe building a niche website then you should know that Google AdSense is one of the best advertisement publishing websites where you can earn money by selling your advertisement space. You can also use this tool to check the domain if it is ban by the previous domain owner.
o Google could change up its algorithm to reflect the new generation domain name extensions
4. Domain Authority or Page Rank – There are various measures you can use to determine the value of the domain. The DA or Domain Authority and PR or Page Rank checker can help you determine whether or not the domain name you want is worthy to buy
5. Google Banned Checker – This is also a very important thing you need to know before purchasing expired domains. Check the Google Ban before purchasing expired domains. All you need to do is enter the URL of the domain and you will discover everything.
Keep these 5 things in mind and you will buy the best domain for your project!